My Life, My Story
I’m a classically trained flautist. I attended Eastern Kentucky University and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Music Industry. I use a lot of the self-discipline I learned through music in my photography, and relate a lot of things to music since that is my first love. My favorite classes were Orchestra, Film Scoring, and Jazz Improv. Yes. Jazz flute. (Insert Anchorman joke here.)
I started really digging into photography my senior year of college. (Typical, right?) I photographed my little cousins during Easter while egg hunting, and I caught the photobug. By my standards today, they just weren’t good photos. You can tell I was a newby, but I was hooked. One of my college professors actually inspired me to keep going. He was my Orchestra Director, and he also is a photographer. He took a look, and even though they were awful, he gave me some tips and encouraged me. I am so thankful for that.
So, I played with photography for a few more years and finally decided to go for it. A local photographer was gracious enough for me to come and see if I even wanted to do weddings. So my wedding experience was fairly microscopic. I took a photo of my wedding dress then used it to advertise for wedding photography and booked my first wedding.
So, my first wedding comes and I’ve been preparing for it like crazy. Got two camera bodies in case I needed a back up, learned off camera flash, etc. The day comes and there’s a tornado. It was a unique experience and I was exhausted by the end of the night. However, I was also exhilarated. I knew this was what I wanted to do.
- The first time I tasted bourbon was an accident. I thought it was sweet tea. It was nothing like sweet tea.
- I met Caroline Rhea in the Fayette Mall Macy’s. I looked at her and said, “You look like a celebrity.” She said, “The aunt from Sabrina the Teenage Witch?” “Yes!” “Yeah, that’s me.” She was super nice and was Christmas shopping while doing a stand up show at the comedy club.
- My favorite character as a kid was Peter Pan. It was the one character at Disney World with whom I got star struck.
- My husband proposed to me at Blarney Castle in Ireland. My engagement ring is a claddagh.
- I love archery. My archery team in high school placed second in state.
- I was in color guard in marching band from high school through college and a guard instructor for multiple schools.
- I’m learning German. I wanted to get better with Spanish, and was looking at Rosetta Stone. My husband found Rosetta Stone on sale and bought it for our anniversary for me. It was the German one. Lol. However, ever since, I’ve really fallen in love with the language and would love to visit Germany one day.
- I’m a hobby astronomer. I took two astronomy classes in college and love all things space. I love looking at the stars and my hobby is astrophotography.
If you’ve read this much, you’re awesome. I’d love to be your photographer.