Photo Editing & Retouching
Your photos automatically come with basic photo editing which includes cropping, white balance correction, exposure correction, color correction, sharpening, and adding contrast where needed. This helps gives your entire gallery a cohesive polished look.
Basic Photo Retouching
Basic photo retouching is complimentary on any printed products purchased through me. This includes prints, canvases, and albums. Basic retouching includes the following.
Extensive Photo Retouching
Extensive retouching is more involved, which means it can take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour for one photograph. The time is dependent on the amount of retouching wanted. Options include:
My Rules for Editing & Retouching
My editing gives your gallery a classic look, with colors true to life. Often clients describe my editing as clean and timeless. Retouching is more involved than editing, and I have a few rules I follow to keep that clean and classic aesthetic. When it comes to editing, here are my rules.
- Keep the details in the highlights and shadows.
- Colors need to be true to life.
- Horizon lines need to be straight and not diagonal.
- Keep contrast believable.
Fairly simple, but makes an impact. Now my rules for retouching are more involved.
- Remove blemishes.
- Anything permanent may be softened, but not removed, unless otherwise asked. This includes scars, moles, birth marks, freckles, and wrinkles.
- Keep natural skin texture.
- Never change bone structure. This is a rule if body modification is requested, as I want to keep changes looking as natural as possible.
- Remove distracting objects from background
My goal is always to make photos look naturally beautiful by enhancing the scene and not completely changing it. When it comes to retouching, we will discuss the options you’d like done in the retouching process before your session or wedding.